Armstrong seeks to respect and reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate and the marketplace we serve.
Armstrong’s team of 900+ is diverse in every way. For example, in 1985, we advanced the van operator as owner-operator model. We provided financing for drivers to purchase tractors and straight trucks, equipping them to operate as independent business owners. This model has continued to propagate to the point where today, 63% of our drivers are ethnic minorities who are owner-operators.
Additionally, under the leadership of Jenny Johnson, CEO of Armstrong Relocation – Huntsville, we have earned certification from the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) as a woman-owned and -managed enterprise.
As a result of these efforts, Armstrong is able to provide clients with both Tier I and Tier II diversity spend capture opportunities.
We challenge our supply chain network to act in a socially-responsible manner, primarily exemplified in diversity and environmental sustainability actions in keeping with Armstrong’s goals and initiatives.
These suppliers provide additional opportunities for Tier II diversity spend capture.
Our philanthropic activities are designed to enrich the communities in which we operate. Many of these purposeful investments of human and fiscal resources impact minorities within our local markets. While some of these investments are long standing, our agencies select an appropriate enrichment activity of their own choosing for particular emphasis each calendar year.
- "These guys were professional, caring, and a lot of fun! They made the process as enjoyable as possible. A+ for Customer Satisfaction! They work like a fine oiled machine and care a great deal for one another."
P.H., September 2015
- "All individuals during the entire process were outstanding. From Scott Johnson in Sales, to Cindy in Operations, Josh the Driver, George his packer and right hand man, they were all the best we have worked with in the 5 moves we have made in our lives. We will request Josh and George to finish the second part of our move to Scottsdale later this year from storage."
J.S., June 2015
- "Everyone was excellent, especially the packers, as we had no damage with our possessions. Cindy Maiello, our Personal Move Manager, was outstanding. She kept in touch with us all the way through our move and made the process very smooth."
G.C., June 2015
- "The packing crew did an excellent job! They were friendly, respectful, and took good care of our belongings. We couldn't have asked for a better crew. They did a great job covering the floors and banisters. The driver explained the inventory process and all of the paperwork. The crew was very careful with the furniture and they took their time with the heavy pieces. Everything went very smoothly and there were no issues."
R.L., June 2015
- "I would like to thank all who worked on my move. A special thank you to Amanda Cesar who took the time and care to assure me every step of the way. This was my first move in many years and her kindness meant a great deal to me. Thank you!"
J.S., June 2015